The GL3-26 has many advanced features, a 2600mAh 10-14day battery and a 2G/3G modem. It comes with a neoprene zipped pouch and a zip-lok polythene inner bag to provide water-resistance. It is not submersible in liquids.
It comes with a pre-installed SIM card, and is ready to use when powered on. It has a 25mm square internal ceramic GPS antenna. Its antennae are beneath its front face - the side with the SoS button and LEDs, which must be orientated towards the outside world, the sky or the road, to receive sufficient satellite signals, essential for it to be able to report its location.
It has internal memory cache capacity for up to 10,000 position reports for when the GPRS connection is lost, with automatic upload on re-connection to phone networks.
Its size allows it to be reasonably easily placed or hidden.
On its front, it has a recessed Function button that can be configured as an emergency/SOS button. When pressed for more than 3secs, an alert will be sent to up to 3 contact details specified in the Settings page, either as a SMS to a mobile phone number or an email address, which are checkmarked in the "Panic alert" column.
5 Operating modes
There is a selection of operating modes available designed to lengthen the battery life and make a tracker less locatable using a scanning tool. These are:
- Normal mode - tracker reports its location at the selected time interval when moving, and every 4hrs when not moving;
- Eco mode - tracker powers off completely and wakens to report its location at a selected time interval (30m-24h), then powers off until next scheduled time;
- Park mode - tracker semi-sleeps until it detects motion, whereupon it reports at a selected time interval until it detects non-motion, whereupon it semi-sleeps again;
- Flight mode - tracker completely powers off for a specified number or hours, after which it powers on and reverts to Normal mode;
- Pursuit mode - tracker reports its location at a selected time interval and does not stop doing so when it stops (detects non-motion)
- Log mode - tracker logs and internally stores location information for a specified number of hours, after which it uploads the data to the server.
Weight: 98g and 258g including packing box with charger.
Dimensions: Length=77mm; Width=40mm; Thickness=27mm
Battery: Lithium polymer (LiPo) 2600mAh 3.7V / 10-14 days autonomous power.
Charging voltage: 4.75 - 5.25V
Each device requires the separate/additional purchase of a subscription to cover monthly SIM charges ongoing
Quad-band operation 850/900/1800/1900MHz
Reception - rapid: TTFF (Time To First Fix): 29s (cold start unobstructed sky), 1s (hot start - already started)
External antenna gain: +5dBm at 1575MHz
Precision: +/- 2.5m after first report when warmed up and with a strong GPS signal.
Motion detection: 3 axis accelerometer: 8g
User interface: USB mini B
Charger: Mains charger included (2 pin for Ireland/UK)
On/Off button: Recessed on bottom edge.
Remote access from TrackServer interfaces allows users to:
- set the frequency for position reporting;
- view the emergency/panic button status;
- define a Geo-Fence zone(s) and turn it/them On/Off;
- turn On/Off (Arm/Disarm) the Motion detecion function
- send commands (SMS) to the tracker to change settings;
- to set contact details of the alert recipients.
For full control of the device's settings, see the How To section on TrackServer-Desktop for more detail. For access and control on a small screen (e.g. phone) device and its settings use the TrackServer app, and the HowTo guidance at: TrackServer app - iOS and Android.
Assist Ireland website link: GL3
PTCRB CE Mark FCC RoHS